Selection of Work in the field of scholarly communication
- Coordinating, reviewing and presenting Knowledge Exchange work, reports, briefing papers, etc.
- Organising workshops and seminars
- Various presentations on Knowledge Exchange (view example)
- Maintaining, updating and improving Knowledge Exchange website
- Organising Dutch Open Research Data Day
- Organising and editing book on Enhanced Publications
- Article on Open Access and Repositories in the Netherlands in Hoger Onderwijs magazine
Projects in the field of E-learning and Blended Learning
- Finding partners and setting up project Weblectures to pilot the recording and broadcasting of lectures at Utrecht University. The final report on this project can be found here.
- Organising an inquiry into the wishes of staff and students regarding the use of a VLE at Social Sciences.
- Analysis of the use of Blackboard as a VLE over a four year period.
- Research into the possibilities and acceptance of semi automated archiving and sharing of teaching materials using the IMS standards.
- Research into the feasibility of a teacher maintained archive of video materials. The presentation of the findings can be viewed here.
- Organising a workflow for the digital archiving of student theses in collaboration with the university library.
- Member of the programme committee for the SURF Onderwijsdagen, the main Dutch conference on ICT in higher education.
- Report on the findings of the Dutch visitors at the Educause 2006 conference regarding the Next Generation Virtual Learning and Working environment. The trip and the total report was organised by Surf. The report can be found in the Wiki.
- Workshop ICT in medical education at PEPKI conference at Universitas Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia
- Coaching the e-learning team at Universitas Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia in implementing WebCT at this institution.
- Training programme and manual for teaching staff at the faculty of Geosciences at the faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University.
- Student manual WebCT Vista for students at the faculty of Geosciences (in Dutch and English).
- Share in student and teacher's manual WebCT Vista for Utrecht University.
- Website for staff support within the faculty of Geosciences (http://www.geo.uu.nl/webct).
- Comparison of the two VLE's WebCT and Blackboard. This comparison was the basis on which the choice was made at the faculty of Geosciences.
- Teachers and student manuals for the WebCT Standard Edition for the faculty of Geographical Sciences.
- Website of the faculty of Geosciences (no longer online).
- Intranet Geosciences (https://intranet.geo.uu.nl).
- A number of dynamic webpages including personal staff pages (http://www.geo.uu.nl/phpscripts/staffpages/).
- Website of the faculty of Geographical Sciences (no longer online).
- Student site for prospective students at the faculty of Geographical Sciences (no longer online).
- Training programme for staff using the Content Management System for the website of Geosciences.
- Developed the course module 'Modelling Ecosystems' for Warshau University. Students gained insight into theory and practice of modelling ecosystems using the software 'Stella'.
- Geography books on 'Regionale Beeldvorming' for HAVO and VWO (A level, final year High School) in series 'Terra' for Wolters Noordhoff.
- Integration of mapping and topography skills into the series 'De Wereld Dichtbij' for primary geography education for Meulenhoff Educatief. I also contributed a chapter in this series.